1. gender (n.) الجنس sex (male or female)
The doctor noted the patients gender.
2. generate (v.) يولد ، ينتج produce, create, cause
The process generates heat.
3. generation (n.) جيل age group
Most teenagers complain that their parents generation doesnt understand them.
4. give free rein to (v. expression) يعطي حرية التصرف permit (to give someone complete freedom to do whatever he or she wants)
Najeeba was given free reign to operate the clinic.
5. give free rein to (v. expression) يعطي حرية التصرف to allow an emotion or feeling to be expressed freely
He gave free rein to his imagination.
6. glance (n.), glance (v.) يلمح quick look
The dentist glanced at her watch.
7. gradually (adv.) تدريجياً - progressively
The disease gradually worsened.
8. grotesque (adj.) غريب، مشوه bizarre, misshapen
The babys head was grotesque because of the swelling.
9. hint (v.), hint (n.) ملاحظة imply, suggest
This discovery hints at a cure for the disease.
10. humanity (n.) الإنسانية all the people in the world thought of as a group; the human race
It was a crime against humanity.
11. humanity (n.) الإنسانية the quality of being kind and understanding
The prisoners were treated with humanity.
12. hypothesize (v.), hypothesis (n.), hypothetical (adj.), hypothetically (adv.) يفترض speculate, theorize
Scientists hypothesize that a mutant gene causes the disease.
13. imagination (n.), imagine (v.) يتخيل the ability to form ideas and pictures in your mind
Autistic individuals have limited imagination.
14. impair (v.), impairment (n.), impaired (adj.) يفسد damage, harm, weaken
The blood clot may impair his chance of survival.
15. individual (n.) فرد person, human being
An individual suffering from plague usually dies.
16. individual (adj.) فردي single
The scientist examined each individual sample under a microscope.
17. inflammation (n.) التهاب redness, irritation
The doctor prescribed a soothing lotion for my inflammation.
18. inflame (v.), inflammation (n.), inflamed (adj.) redden, irritate
Some cosmetics inflame the skin.
19. informal (adj.) غير رسمي casual
Informal language is not used in scientific writing.
20. inherited (adj.), inherit (v.), inheritance (n.) يرث
Hemophilia is an inherited disease.
21. initial (adj.) ابتدائي، أولى first, early
Initial symptoms are wheezing and coughing.
22. instantaneously (adv.) فوريا immediately, directly
Becoming a pharmacist does not occur instantaneously; you must study for many years before you graduate.
23. intake (n.) يأخذ ingestion
An intake of junk food will result in obesity.
24. intended (adj.), intend (v.), intention (n.), intentionally (adv.) مقصود planned for, meant for
The intended purpose of the drug is to relieve pain.
25. intensive (adj.), intensively (adv.) كثيف ، مركز - concentrated
The course was only for a week, so it was very intensive.
26. intoxicated (adj.) سكران drunk, inebriated
He was intoxicated from the alcohol.
27. invade (v.), invasion (n.) يغزو attack, assault
When disease-causing germs invade a person's body, he or she may become ill.
28. invariably (adv.) ثابت always, habitually, consistently, customarily, regularly
He invariably comes late.
29. irritant (n.) مثير the cause of an irritation
Im not sure what the irritant is that is causing the rash on my skin.
30. irritated (adj.), irritate (v.), irritation (n.) مثار، مهاج - inflamed
The boys irritated arm caused him intense pain.
31. island (n.) جزيرة isle, atoll
The island is located in the Caribbean.